We offer laboratory tick testing services because it provides the earliest detection of Lyme disease and co-infection risk.
Ticknology was founded by scientists that specialize in tick biology and tick-borne disease. We would like to offer our services and expertise to people at risk for chronic Lyme disease and other tick-borne illnesses. Tick testing can aid in immediate treatment decisions and validate medical concerns brought to your physician. Our online ordering system makes tick testing simple and timely.
- Our diagnostic tests are highly sensitive and specific.
- Our tests detect the presence of the most common tick-borne pathogens.
- Co-infections of more than one pathogen can be detected in a single tick.
- Tests are fast (24-72hr (Priority) or 3-5 day (Standard) turn around).
Detecting the DNA 'fingerprint' of a pathogen
Our tick testing panels detect the presence of human pathogens, such as those causing Lyme disease, found in ticks following tick removal. Specific DNA sequence (or 'fingerprint') of each pathogen is targeted and amplified using DNA polymerase chain reaction (PCR).
When performed correctly, PCR-based detection provides superior sensitivity & accuracy. Positive and negative DNA controls ensure test validity.
- Tick testing for pathogen detection is a preventative measure against chronic Lyme disease
- Lyme can be asymptomatic or complicated by co-infections
- Misdiagnosis of Lyme disease is common
- Early detection and treatment are critical
- Clinical serology tests have been inaccurate